1) What personal information is collected?
“Personal Information” includes any information about an identifiable individual. The personal information that PROCURE may collect is, among others, but not limited to:
- Date of birth, age, sex, citizenship;
- Phone number;
- Residential address;
- Email Address;
- IP address;
- Credit card, money order or check information;
- Banking information for donors who donate monthly through automatic bank payments;
- Answers to questions regarding enrollment in a particular program;
- Medical information, including your symptoms and conditions, other health habits and family history;
- Any other personal information that we have not requested (such as personal information that you voluntarily provide to us in an email or by sharing your comments through our Site).
2) The purpose of collecting personal information
PROCURE may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you;
- To manage our relationship with you and the provision of our customer service;
- To identify you in our system;
- To manage our organization and its activities;
- To respond to questions you send through the Site, by email, chat or telephone;
- To contact you for fundraising purposes;
- To facilitate and process your registration for certain events, services and training;
- To communicate with you by email about our support programs, research projects and events;
- To provide you with access to features or sections of the Site that you wish to access or about which you have posted information;
- To provide and evaluate the programs in which you are enrolled;
- To collect payment for your donations, registration fees or online purchases;
- To issue receipts for tax purposes, where applicable;
- To improve the Site and facilitate the development of new services, tools and features on the Site that meet your needs;
- For any other purpose permitted or required by law.
3) When is your personal information collected?
Personal information may be collected when provided voluntarily by the User. The User may also be asked to provide personal information in the following cases:
- Uses our Services;
- Registers for an activity, event, webinar or other Service;
- Establishes or logs in to a User account;
- Donates to PROCURE;
- Makes a purchase on the Site;
- Sends a question or comment to PROCURE by email, chat, fax or through our Site;
- Communicates by telephone or in person with a PROCURE representative;
- Participates in an event organized by PROCURE or by a third party for PROCURE;
- Subscribes to PROCURE electronic communications, such as our event newsletters and quarterly newsletters;
- Uses features of our Site that require personal information.
5. Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
The user's personal information will not be used without their consent for purposes other than those for which they were collected, in accordance with applicable laws. Personal information will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with legal obligations.
In certain specific circumstances, personal information may be used and disclosed to third parties, including:
- Protection of the safety, property or other rights of PROCURE, its representatives and users of the Services, including the detection and prevention of fraud;
- Legal obligation or legal requirement.
If the user voluntarily submits information, photographs or other content to the Site, forums, online tools or social networks of PROCURE, his personal information may be automatically included in the posting, including the name of user and email address, and may be collected and used by others.
6. Links to other sites
7. Information of your credit card on our site
If the user makes a credit card payment through PROCURE, reasonable and necessary information is requested to complete the processing of the transaction. Information provided for a one-time payment, such as credit card numbers, security codes, name on credit cards and expiration dates, is transmitted directly from the user to the processing company credit card. PROCURE only saves the credit card type, the last four digits of the credit card number and the expiration date in the event of a refund being required in the event of an incorrect payment. A confirmation of the credit card transaction will be sent to the user by email.
With respect to pre-authorized debits for recurring payments, all information is stored by PROCURE or a third party acting on its behalf, and it is transformed into encrypted data so that only those who need access to update financial information can obtain the credit card number. The encrypted data is provided to the credit card processing company at appropriate intervals. For billing purposes, personal information may also be shared with third parties, including credit card processing companies, but only the information reasonably necessary for this purpose will be provided.
8. Cookies, Other Embedded Markers
When interacting with the PROCURE Services, automatic data collection technologies and services may be used to log and collect information related to the user's computer, track his use of the Site and collect other personal information and about their internet browsing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other types of markers embedded in the Site to improve functionality and navigation for visitors.
A cookie is a small data file which is stored on the hard drive of the user's computer, allowing him to "remember" information when he visits a site.
Web beacons and other tags are small codes used in conjunction with cookies to record activity on our Site. These web markers, graphics and other functions similar to web beacons allow us to count the number of users who have visited a specific web page or accessed certain cookies.
Web beacons may be used on this Site to count users and recognize them when they access our cookies. Access to our cookies allows us to personalize the Site and improve your experience. Web beacons may also be included in HTML-formatted emails that we send to determine which emails have been opened.The following information may be collected through these mechanisms:
- The user's IP address;
- The type of browser and operating system used;
- The pages of the Site visited by the user;
- Other websites visited by the user before visiting this Site.
Please note that only PROCURE can use web beacons on its site. You can refuse or disable cookies by modifying your browser settings, in accordance with the instructions provided by your Internet service provider. However, please note that by disabling cookies, you may limit your access to certain personalized features of the Site. Cookies and pixel tags do not collect or contain any of your personal information.
9. Google Analytics
By using the Site, the user consents to the processing of data collected by Google, as described and for the purposes mentioned above. The consent for the collection and storage of data can be withdrawn at any time by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com. We would like to point out that our Site uses the "Hide IP" function of Google Analytics, which uses an abbreviated form of IP addresses to avoid direct and personal identification, given the ongoing debates on the use of analytical tools. containing full IP addresses.
In addition, cookies are used to perform evaluations of frequency, use of specific pages and marketing. For these evaluations, the information recorded by the cookies is used without being linked to personal data, thus guaranteeing complete anonymity.
The user can configure his Internet browser to receive notifications when cookies are saved and decide in each case whether he wishes to accept or reject them. However, refusing cookies may limit the use of the Site. The user can also delete the cookies already saved on his hard drive at any time by following the instructions provided in the user guide of his Internet browser.
In order to guarantee the confidentiality of your personal information, PROCURE implements appropriate security measures, adapted to the sensitivity of this information. Reasonable technical, material and administrative measures are applied to prevent the loss, theft and unauthorized access to your personal information. All personal information you provide is exchanged through a secure server. However, it is important to point out that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although PROCURE is fully committed to protecting your personal information, it cannot guarantee the absolute security of all information or personal information that you provide to it.
Reasonable steps are taken to verify your identity before granting you access to your account on the Site. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your username, password and any other information related to your account. PROCURE also ensures that its employees understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information and that only authorized persons have access to personal information stored or destroyed by the organization.
The personal information that PROCURE collects is kept in a secure environment. People working for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, PROCURE uses the following measures:
- SSL protocol
- Access management – authorized person
- Access management – data subject
- Network monitoring software
- Computer backup
- Login password
PROCURE is committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your donations. However, since no mechanism offers maximum security, some risk is always present when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
11. Access and Accuracy of Your Information
Users may make a request for access to the personal information held about them by contacting PROCURE at the coordinates provided below. PROCURE will respond to these requests within the time limits provided for by applicable laws and will verify the identity of the person concerned before providing the requested information. Unless otherwise specified, a request for access to personal information is generally free of charge, unless copies of documents are requested. However, please note that in some cases, access to personal information may be restricted or denied if the information cannot be separated from the information of other individuals, if it is protected by legal privilege or if it must be protected for reasons of security or commercial secrecy. If PROCURE is unable to provide the requested access, the reasons for the refusal will be explained, unless prohibited by law.
Users may also request updates or changes to their personal information by contacting PROCURE at the contact information provided below. PROCURE will correct or update personal information identified as inaccurate or incomplete. If necessary, the changes will also be communicated to relevant third parties who have access to this information.
PROCURE contact details:
110-1320 Graham Blvd, Mont-Royal, QC, H3P 3C8
(514) 341-3000 or 1 855 899-2873
12. Email Communications
PROCURE complies with Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL) and undertakes not to send electronic communications in violation of this law.
We will ensure that each email we send contains an option and instructions to opt out of our future communications if you no longer wish to receive them from PROCURE. You can unsubscribe by:
- Clicking on the link provided in the email;
- Emailing email@example.com ;
- Call 514-341-3000 or 1 855-899-2873.
If we do not have your express consent to send you electronic communications, we will only contact you as permitted by CASL.
14. Contact us
- Verify the accuracy, update or delete the personal information provided to PROCURE;
- Stop receiving electronic communications or any other contact from PROCURE;
Please contact the Privacy Officer:
Laurent Proulx, President and CEO
110-1320 Graham Blvd, Mont-Royal, Qc, H3P 3C8
514 341-3000 / Toll free: 1 855 899-2873